UAB Educational Foundation Streamlines Complex Fund Accounting with IntacctShifting a 50-Year-Old Mission to the Cloud
"After evaluating Sage Intacct against Sage's hosted offering, we found that Intacct offered significantly greater flexibility to support the specific needs of our organization, including our complex fund reporting requirements."- Controller at UAB Educational Foundation
For nearly fifty years, the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s (UAB) Educational Foundation has been enabling general operational flexibility for the university by administering discretionary support funds, acquiring real estate, managing vending contracts, and providing support for the development office. As the number of funds it manages has grown over time, the organization’s small staff struggled to keep up with the data entry required by its financial system.
- Wanted a flexible and full-featured financial management, accounting and purchasing system to streamline financial processes
- Needed to more effectively manage 50 different support funds
- Wanted a user-friendly solution that would automate manual processes and support data entry from anywhere
- Required flexible reporting and dashboard capabilities for greater visibility into financial data
With Intacct, the foundation has been able to streamline several financial processes. The organization now uses Sage Intacct’s flexible purchasing workflows to efficiently manage complex approval processes across more than seventy employees in the university’s various departments.
- Cloud-based financial management solution provided anytime, anywhere access for 70+ users
- Modernized, streamlined purchasing processes cut invoice-to-payment time in half, increasing vendor satisfaction
- Comprehensive automation saved 6 days each month in accounts payable time
- Gained ability to easily track, monitor, and report on 50 funds across the University
- Moved from only having an accurate financial picture once a year to continuous real-time budget visibility