- May 16, 2019
- Posted by: massey17
- Category: Intacct
The modern CFO has to balance ever-increasing business complexity with the need for speed. Tracking multiple entities with multiple regulatory frameworks and multiple currencies make the job of finance leaders complicated enough. Add in the factor of constant change, and suddenly a periodic financial check-in is not enough. You need the agility to make decisions on demand—and those decisions have to be based on real-time financial truth.
Given today’s complicated business climate, is your accounting software helping you grow and compete—or is it holding you back? As you consider a new financial management system, one primary factor stands out: which option will provide the highest ROI for your organization?
Read on for a high-level comparison of the leading systems in the marketplace.
An award-winning, cloud-based financial management system, Sage Intacct has a proven track record of customer success and has earned significant industry recognition. Sage Intacct:
- Is the first and only AICPA-preferred financial management solution.
- Was recognized as a Leader in the G2 Crowd Mid-Market Grid® Report for Accounting (Fall 2018).
- Named by TrustRadius as a 2018 Top Rated Solution for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Received the highest product score (4.14 out of five) in Core Financials for the Lower Midsize Enterprises use case in the 2018 critical capabilities report by Gartner.
QuickBooks works great—to a point. Sooner or later, however, most growing businesses run into the frustrating limitations of QuickBooks, including:
– Hours inside of Excel and manipulating spreadsheets
– Time-consuming consolidations
– Slow, unreliable, and unsecure reporting
– Complex charts of accounts
– Slow, error-prone manual processes
The fact is, QuickBooks simply isn’t designed to provide the robust financial-management and accounting functions your business needs.
Considering Oracle NetSuite?
Oracle NetSuite offers “one unified business management suite, encompassing ERP/Financials, CRM and e-commerce” with solutions for every business size, every industry, and every role. In today’s complex business world, one size does not fit all. When Oracle announced its intended acquisition of NetSuite back in 2016, Rob Reid, MD/EVP of Sage Intacct wrote, “For the long term, Oracle’s strategic focus is on delivering breadth to large enterprise customers; meaning NetSuite technology is going to drift even further from what mid-market companies need: business solutions that are easy to use but handle the complexity and dynamic nature of your business, without requiring huge IT resources or expensive consultants” (emphasis added).
Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains Software)
This Microsoft solution for small to midsize business includes applications for financial management and accounting, inventory, sales/service, human resources/payroll, and business intelligence and reporting. Users often run into roadblocks with the software, however. They quickly find that best-in-class software such as Sage Intacct that delivers what Microsoft Dynamics GP can’t:
- Access to integrated management and financial reports across their business entities–in minutes not days–to grow and drive their businesses.
- Automation and controls around billing, accounting, and reporting needed to reduce errors, stay audit-ready and scale the business.
Thinking About FinancialForce?
FinancialForce calls itself the “the only customer-centric ERP to streamline, simplify, and automate your financial operations on the Salesforce Platform.” Yet a comparison between FinancialForce and Sage Intacct on TrustRadius reveals some issues with FinancialForce.
Once verified user wrote, “There are many lacking features so if your company is looking to grow, FinancialForce will not be able to scale along with your company. If your company is already past its growth stage and there aren’t too many transactions to record, then FinancialForce may be suited for your company.”
Dean Dorton—the easiest choice you’ll ever make
Choosing a financial management system is a foundational decision, an investment that requires careful consideration and planning. Fortunately, there’s one decision that’s a no-brainer—relying on the accounting technology experts at Dean Dorton to help you evaluate and implement the best solution that fits your business.
Contact us for a free consultation today!